Wednesday 8 April 2020


We're all in this together! Keep movin' don't stop.
Great advice!
This is Sam Roberts (awesome Canadian musician) at home with his kids - like we all are!
They recorded his song We're All In This Together.
So great! My son and I have been working on the song Three Little Birds on Ukulele and Guitar. I am also knitting a pair of mittens. Tell me what projects you have been working on to keep yourself busy at home.




For whatever reason - my email keeps cutting out on me during my office hours. Next week I am going to set up a google chat during my office hours so you can ask questions and get answers in real time. Plus I can hopefully hear how you are doing!

Math
The three graphs from yesterday's post are displaying data for the sales of chocolate milk at a school cafeteria. You and a group of students have proposed to the cafeteria manager that there should be a day when chocolate milk is 50% off - half price.
According to the data, which day should that be? Why?
You can only use one graph in your presentation to the manager.Which graph would you use to convince the manager of your idea and why?

Novel Study - The Giver/Gathering Blue
At the end of this novel study you will be writing a five paragraph essay comparing the community that the book takes place in and the community that you live in. As you are reading, please keep notes with this in mind. In the essay I will be looking for quotes from the book to support your ideas. I suggest either keeping notes on paper at home or opening a separate google document to keep notes in. If you have any questions about this - please ask!

Please read Chapter 2 and answer the following question for your book:
The Giver - If some older people in your community were to observe you, what job do you think they'd give you and why?
Gathering Blue - How were children treated in the village?  Give examples to support your points.




No comments:

Post a Comment