Friday 3 April 2020

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all well and able to enjoy the sunshine is some small way.

Today is just a final check-in before we start on Monday. Here are some notes to let you know how we will go ahead for next week. Please remember that things are still changing day by day and I will keep you up to date as things progress.

1. I plan to post to the blog in the evenings. That way, the next day, you can check the learning challenges I set out for you at whatever time works for you. For example, I'll post Monday's work on Sunday evening.

2. I would like you all to open a new google document and share it with me. Please name the document with your name first and then "Learning Journal". Example - "Mrs. Nye's Learning Journal". Each day, on the blog I will put little activities that I would like you to do in your learning journal. Keep it all there - please don't erase! Organize it like a diary and add to it each day. Example:

April, 6th, 2020

Math
Put your math work here.

Literacy.
Put your literacy work here.

If you can't get to it each day - no problem. Do your best.

3. Office hours. Monday - Friday I will be available from 10:00 - 11:30. If you have any questions - send me an email and I'll respond as fast as I can. It will be right away, unless I'm helping someone else at that moment. Again, use michelle.nye@yrdsb.ca as I don't check Gapps email as much. If you really need to speak to me - send me an email with a phone number I can call you at and I will call you. I will be on my email at other times during the day too I just might not give you an immediate response.

4. Each and every one of you is very important to me. I want to do all I can to make sure you are well. Please let me know how I can help you - in any way.

Aside from the pineapples (which Mr. Wideman is kindly and generously taking care of - thank you Mr. Widemen!) all of our plants have made it back to my house. Look at the jungle my dining room table has become!


 Finally, a song for you.
This song, by Bob Marley, is my personal theme song.
Surprise, surprise it features birds!
Try not to worry - we will get through this.
I miss you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment