Tuesday 21 April 2020

Intermediate Music and Dance Challenge #2

I received many questions about what dance has to do with music. Well where do I begin...
The simple and straight forward answer is that music and dance are intricately connected in many ways. Dance is one way to physically respond to music. Besides - for those of you who are concerned with marks - its for marks. I will be working with your phys ed teachers to give you a dance mark this year. 

Music Online Challenge #2  - Due Friday May 8th
Go to the Chrome Music Lab:
Music Lab
Take some time to explore and try out the "Songmaker" section.
Using Songmaker, create an original composition. Make sure you use the "save" option in the bottom right hand corner to get a link to your composition. Once you have finished the composition - please email the link to me - michelle.nye@gapps.yrdsb.ca
Success criteria:
- my composition has an original melody
- I have included a rhythm section (it is underneath the melody line grid)
- I added in harmony at least three times

Dance Online Challenge #2 - Due Friday May 1st
Anyone can dance just about anywhere!
Watch these two videos:
Happy
Can't Stop the Feeling
Make a short (max 30 secs) video of yourself dancing. You might be in your kitchen or your backyard - anywhere! Show me how you can move your body to music and have fun!
If making a video is a huge challenge for you - no problem. Take a series of five pictures of yourself each one depicting a different dance move.
Email your project to me - michelle.nye@gapps.yrdsb.ca
Success criteria:
- have fun!
- use a variety of your body parts to create dance moves
- at least two levels (ie stretched up tall vs. close to the ground)




No comments:

Post a Comment