Tuesday 28 April 2020



The Giver/Gathering Blue
Please read chapters 11 - 13.
The Giver - Jonas is becoming frustrated. Why?
Gathering Blue - Kira is starting to question or be wary of Jamison. Why?

Field Guide
I am starting to think about finishing touches of the field guide (the cover etc.). I was going to put a class picture in but since I can't take one now, I'd like to make a collage of photos. Can you email me a picture of yourself? Maybe beside a tree or out in your yard? Try to make it mainly your head because each picture will be pretty small.

Upcycling project
As I said earlier this week, I am challenging you to "upcycle" something from your home.
Please write in your learning journal what you upcycled - take a picture if you can!
Upcycling is taking something that was headed to garbage or recycling and making it into a new useful item. This might take you a few days - that's ok! Here are some examples to inspire you;

The upcycling club from my last school made birdhouses from VHS tapes.
If you don't know what VHS tapes are - they are what we watched movies on in the olden days.



















Bird feeders from plastic bottles:













Toilet paper roll plant starters:



No comments:

Post a Comment