Sunday 5 April 2020

Happy Monday!
Day one of learning together - differently.

If you have not yet set up your learning journal, please read Friday's blog post and do so.

1. In your learning journal please answer the following question:
How are you feeling?
a) Awesome!
b) I'm doing pretty ok
c) Just meh
d) I'm struggling
e) I'm not at all ok and I would like a check-in with you Mrs. Nye.
 Please explain your above answer.

2. Math
We are going to be working on data management for the next little while. We start by looking at graphs. Every graph tells a story. Below is are two unlabeled graphs. Choose one and answer the following questions in your learning journal. What could this graph be about? What story is it telling?

3. Literacy
You guys know I LOVE reading to you and I'm am really missing our journeys through stories together. We are going to read a book together - it will just be a bit different. The book is called The Giver. Here is a link to the the book:

The Giver

For today - I would like you to make sure you can access the book and make sure you can navigate the book online. In your learning journal, please let me know if you can get onto the book online or if you are having trouble.

English Language Learner Support
If anyone would like ELL support or help - Mr. Hussey is available from 8:30 - 10:30 each day.
You can email him at Gareth.Hussey@yrdsb.ca

Remember! I want to do everything I can to help you. I am available Monday - Friday from 10:00 - 11:30. Send me an email and I will answer right away (unless I'm helping someone else at the time). If you want to talk on the phone - just send me an email with a phone number I can reach you at and I'll give you a call.



No comments:

Post a Comment