Sunday 7 June 2020



Lip Dub!
I'm filming my Lip Dub today! I hope to see some from you guys too!
All the info is on the We The Kind website.

Community Circles.
This week our community circles will be on:
Tuesday at 1:00
Thursday at 1:00

Literacy
Please read the following article and answer the questions below in your learning journal.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/beyond-the-hashtag-how-to-take-anti-racist-action
1.  This article is about the United States not Canada. Why am I asking you to read it?
2. Choose one line that really stood out for you and tell me why.

Math - Tessellations
"A tessellation is a regular pattern made up of flat shapes repeated and joined together without any gaps or overlaps. These shapes do not all need to be the same, but the pattern should repeat. Another word for tessellation is tiling."




On a piece of grid paper, please create your own single shape tessellation. Please use only one shape - multiple shape tessellations will come later. Photograph it (if possible) and put it in your learning journal. Also please describe the translations between shapes in your tessellation.  Are there reflections? Rotations?
Take a couple of days to do this. There won't be new math until Wednesday.




The Ongoing Robin's Nest Saga
Hatched!!!
Sorry my pictures aren't great. I wanted to be as respectful as possible to Mama.
So I snapped these really quickly while she "stepped out" for a moment.
I'll keep trying to get pics each day as their feathers grow in and they get bigger.
I'm so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment