Sunday 31 May 2020

Intermediate Music and Dance Challenge #4

Here is the next installment of our music and dance challenges. You can share them with me on google drive at michelle.nye@gapps.yrdsb.ca. Due Date - June 10th.

Music - Open Project
I'd like to hear what music projects you have been working on in your time at home. I know many of you practice instruments such as piano, violin, or ukulele. On any instrument (voice included), choose a song you have been working on and video or record yourself - show me your stuff!

Alternately, you can create another composition using Chrome Music Lab.
In this composition I would be looking for melodic repetition, and use of ternary form.

Dance
Watch the following three evolution of dance videos. Choose 1-3 of the dances demonstrated in these videos and film yourself performing it/them. To be clear, one dance would be "The Cabbage Patch" or "Singin' in the Rain" for example -  NOT the whole video. I'll be looking for attention to rhythm and spacial awareness.

Alternately, you can photograph yourself doing the moves and share the photos with me. Please label which dance move you are doing in the photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment